I was first introduced to Numerology more than a decade ago. At the time, I wasn’t too sure about it. As I explored the topic more and discovered my core numbers, I was surprised how accurate it seemed. Eerily so.
What Is Numerology?
Numerology is pretty much what it sounds like. The study of numbers, but it is so much more than that. Like everything in our Universe, numbers carry with them their own unique vibration. By looking at them, we become aware of the vibrations each brings to our life.
“In numerology, each number has its own personality, its strengths, talents, idiosyncrasies, shortcomings, and so forth.”WorldNumerology.com
WorldNumerology.com describes the individual numbers in the following manner: (I’ve paraphrased. If you’d like to read the full description for each number, I highly recommend checking out the website.)
- 1 – The “Primal Force”. The number of “creation from which all other numbers spring forth”.
- 2 – The “most feminine of all numbers”, it is sometimes “underestimated” where strength and power are concerned.
- 3 – “The number 3 is like a gifted teenager who is still under the protection of its parents: a bit spoiled, certainly scattered and perpetually in need of guidance.” (This was too vivid of a description. I could not have done it justice by paraphrasing.)
- 4 – Masculine. Reflects “strength and stability”.
- 5 – “Most dynamic and energetic of all the single-digit numbers”. “Unpredictable, always in motion,and constantly in need of change”.
- 6 – Considered the “most harmonious of all the single-digit numbers”. It is not without its “flaws and upsets”, though. “The most important influence of the 6 is its loving and caring nature.”
- 7 – “The seeker, the thinker, the searcher of Truth”.
- 8 – The 8 is said to be the most “misunderstood” number. WorldNumerology.com sheds light on the true meaning of this number as being “the great Karmic equalizer, a force that just as easily creates as it destroys. When the 8 comes knocking, you can be assured that you will reap what you’ve sown.”
- 9 – Global Awareness. There is so much more to it, though, that I cannot even begin to cover in the limited scope of this list, so I’m simply going to direct you to the 9 page at WorldNumerology.com.
Each of our lives runs through cycles. From the moment we are born until the moment we die, we are traversing one large spiral. In Numerology, this spiral can be viewed from the numbers 1 to 9. We experience each many times over throughout the course of our lifetime. In fact, each year brings with it a new vibration to our lives.
For instance, our world is currently experiencing a 3 year…
(2+0+1+9 = 12 = 1 + 2 = 3)
Personally, I’m in the midst of a 6 year…
(4+1+7 = 12 = 1+2 = 3 + 3 = 6)
Not sure how I calculated that? Check out Christine DeLorey’s website, CreativeNumerology.com, for more information. I’ve been following her work for a couple of years now. I love it!
Each number brings a different energy to my life.
Messages From Spirit
Numbers can also be utilized by Spirit, the Universe, and/or our guides for the purpose of communication. Think of it along the lines of post-it notes. Short, sweet, and to the point, but there can be so much more to it.
A good example of this is 711.
Ever since I was a child, I have seen this combination of numbers many, many times. It wasn’t until I learned about numerology and the significance of numbers that I discovered the message behind them.
I first found it on Joanne Walmsley’s website, Angel Numbers.
711 brings with it “a powerful and spiritual message from the angelic and spiritual realms”, which I cannot distill here and do it justice. (Oh, how I wish I’d known as I grew up what it meant!) One thing I do hold onto now, though, whenever I see it is “you are doing a great job and are on the right life path and you are encouraged to continue along as you are.”
It always makes my heart happy to see those numbers together.
Just a Taste
There is SO MUCH more to Numerology than the little bit I’ve shared. I am, by no means, an expert. In fact, I still consider myself to be a novice, and I’ve been studying the subject for many, many years now. Casually, though.
There are so many good resources out there. I’ve named a few here. I also wanted to mention, if you’re ever interested in receiving a reading, Stefanina of Stefanina’s Numerology is very good. I’m personally acquainted with her. (No, I do not get anything in return for referring you to her.) But the information that she has shared with me and many of my friends, has been quite spot-on and insightful.
Until next time, dear friend, may you be well. May you also be aware of all the Universe and Spirit seek to communicate to you.